M+ Guide Volunteer M+導賞員義工
M+ Guide Volunteer M+導賞員義工
M+ Guides are volunteers who offer to bring deeper understanding of the exhibitions and objects on display to our visitors. They are passionate in fostering an appreciation of visual culture and creating opportunities for everyone to engage in an open conversation to share their ideas and perspectives.
We're looking for volunteers who are excited about connecting our visitors with visual culture through shared experiences. You don't need a background in art or design to be an M+ Guide. We welcome you to offer your unique interpretation of design and architecture, moving image, and visual art based on your own experience and interests.
M+ Guides are required to join our training sessions, which cover the history of various creative disciplines, public speaking, practice tours, and research.
If you share this passion for learning, we would love to hear from you. Please stay tuned for our next round of recruitment. For any enquiries about the M+ Guide Volunteer programme, please contact us.
We also welcome local tertiary students and young people ages seventeen to twenty-two to join the M+ Young Guide Volunteer Programme, part of the M+ Guide Volunteer Programme.
- M+ Guides connect with museum staff, artists, designers, scholars, curators, and fellow visual culture enthusiasts through public and private events.
- The programme offers opportunities to deepen one’s knowledge of a wide range of themes and subjects centred around twentieth- and twenty-first-century visual culture, as well as strengthen one’s public speaking skills through training and practice.
- The programme offers a series of training sessions that cover exhibition and discipline-specific content and methodologies besides practical training on being a museum guide.
- Successfully trained M+ Guides will enjoy free access to the museum and get to know behind-the-scenes stories and installation processes of the exhibitions.
- Successfully trained M+ Guides will also enjoy 10% discount at the M+ shops.
- Transportation allowance will be offered to successfully trained M+ Guides on a per shift basis.
Applications for 2023 are now closed. Please stay tuned for our next round of recruitment in 2024.
Currently, the M+ Guide volunteer programme is only open to permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Applicants ages seveteen to twenty-two may be selected as an M+ Young Guide.
Guides need to be verbally fluent in English, Cantonese, or Mandarin. Once admitted, they are required to attend eighty per cent of our training sessions (around twenty hours). The training sessions will take place during weekday evenings and weekends.
Guides must be able to take up at least two three-hour shifts per month for two years.
Image at top: M+, Hong Kong. Photo: Winnie Yeung @ Visual Voices
Stay in the know! 緊貼最新消息！
- Be up to date on what’s happening at M+ and the wider West Kowloon Cultural District
- Discover new videos and articles from the M+ Magazine
- Choose what content you’d like to receive
- Opt out at any time