1.1 Membership is valid for 12 months from the membership purchasing date.
1.2 Memberships are classified into the following types, each with prescribed eligibility, annual fee, and benefits.
- 1.2.1 Member (Individual & Dual)
- 1.2.2 Young Member
- 1.2.3 Family Membership
- 1.2.4 Patron (Individual & Dual)
- 1.2.5 Young Patron (Individual & Dual)
1.3 Applicant must present a valid identification document or full-time student card for purchasing M+ Young Membership/M+ Young Patron or present the valid identification document for verification during their first visit to the museum.
1.4 Guardian of Child Member must present a school handbook, student card, birth certificate or other identification document of the Child Member during their first visit to the museum for verification.
1.5 Applicant must pay for full membership fee for M+ Membership if the supporting document for other membership type cannot be provided.
1.6 Gift memberships are not redeemable for cash and must be activated within 90 days from the purchasing date. The membership will be valid for 12 months from the date of activation. If it is not activated within such prescribed period, the membership will be forfeited automatically without notice and without any refund or compensation.
1.7 For onsite membership purchase, member will receive a temporary receipt with an admission QR code valid for 14 days from the transaction date. Membership card will be sent by mail to the registered address of the member or the primary member within 10 working days from the transaction date.
1.8 For online membership purchase, a confirmation email with a temporary admission QR code will be sent to the member’s registered email. The QR code will be valid for 14 days from the transaction date. Membership card will be sent by mail to the registered address of the member or the primary member within 10 working days from the transaction date.
1.9 For online M+ Family Membership purchase, the confirmation email with the QR code will be sent to each adult member separately. The membership information of the Child and/or Young Members and their QR code(s) will be attached to the confirmation email to the primary member. All membership cards will be sent to the registered address of the primary member.
1.10 For online dual membership purchase, the confirmation email with the QR code will be sent to each adult member separately and all membership cards will be sent to the registered address of the primary member.
1.11 Membership fee is non-refundable once payment is made.
1.12 Membership is non-transferable and shall be used by the member personally. Designated staff of M+ shall be entitled to check the member’s valid identification document for verification purpose.
1.13 If the membership card is lost, stolen or damaged, member shall report to M+ immediately. HK$30 (for each incident) will be charged for the replacement of any lost, stolen or damaged membership card.
2. Membership Upgrade
2.1 Members may upgrade their membership to Patron Membership or apply for a different type of membership with a higher value at the M+ Membership Counter or M+ Lounge upon payment of the full membership fee for the upgraded membership. Membership fee paid for the old membership will be refunded to the member on a pro-rata basis within 8 weeks from the date of membership upgrade.
2.2 Members cannot downgrade their membership from upper tier.
2.3 The upgraded membership will be valid for 12 months from the date of membership upgrade.
2.4 Membership upgrade is not applicable to M+ Child Members and M+ Young Members in the M+ Family Membership.
2.5 Unredeemed benefits from the old membership will be forfeited and a new set of yearly benefits will be granted for the upgraded membership.
2.6 After the upgrade is completed, the member will receive a temporary receipt with a QR code for admission, benefits, offers and redemptions. The QR code will be valid for 14 days from the transaction date of membership upgrade.
2.7 A new membership card will be sent to the member's registered address within 10 working days from the date of membership upgrade, and the old membership card will be deactivated and cancelled.
3. Use of Benefits
3.1 Members must present their own membership card for admission to museum and to enjoy benefits or offers.
3.2 Members must observe all house rules and regulations of M+ from time to time.
3.3 Except otherwise stipulated, all bookings for exhibitions, events, programmes or other member benefits or offers shall be made available to members on a first-come-first-served basis.
3.4 M+ reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit or privileged offers at any time without prior notice and without any refund or compensation.
3.5 Individual exhibition, event, programme or benefit or privileged offer will be subject to specific terms and conditions.
3.6 Discount offer is non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.
3.7 Ticket Redemption
- 3.7.1 Member must present their own membership card and the membership ticket voucher (“voucher”) at designated ticketing counters for redemption on or before the voucher expiry date.
- 3.7.2 Member must reserve tickets via M+’s official channels for their guests.
- 3.7.3 Accompanying guest(s) must enter the exhibitions with a member.
- 3.7.4 Cinema ticket discount offer for members applies to regular-priced screening tickets only.
- 3.7.5 For redemption of cinema ticket, the screening day must be on or before the voucher expiry date.
- 3.7.6 Redemption using the voucher cannot be cancelled once tickets are issued.
- 3.7.7 Vouchers are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. Expired, damaged, modified, defaced or photocopied vouchers will not be accepted. No replacement will be given for lost vouchers.
- 3.7.8 Member should refer to the terms and conditions for the respective redeemed tickets.
3.8 M+ Lounge
- 3.8.1 Access to M+ Lounge is subject to M+ Lounge House Rules and Regulations.
- 3.8.2 M+ Young Members and M+ Child Members of age 17 or below must be accompanied by an adult of age 18 years old or above.
- 3.8.3 Members from all membership tiers may bring up to three accompanying guests per visit and the member must be present.
- 3.8.4 Capacity of M+ Lounge is limited, the access to M+ Lounge is always subject to space availability and is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- 3.8.5 The opening hours are subject to change without prior notice due to regular repair, maintenance or other reasons.
4.1 M+ reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions anytime without prior notice and without giving any reason. Updated terms and conditions will be provided on M+ website. All members shall be bound by the latest version of these terms and conditions.
4.2 M+ has the absolute discretion on matters in relation to the approval of membership, event bookings, programmes or member offers or benefits.
4.3 In case of any disputes, the decision of M+ shall be final.
4.4 In the event of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
4.5 These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between M+ and each member respectively. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap. 623) to enforce any term of this agreement.
4.6 These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.